How we aim to help…
Our programme is designed to help eligible small firms across the Leeds city region invest in the right digital solution or access the most appropriate area of knowledge around digital technology, that can support their growth and development.
It offers help to businesses in the form of:
A Digital Growth Voucher scheme i.e. financial support to help firms invest in digital technologies to help them grow and develop.
A programme of workshops, masterclasses and mentoring support, offering participants access to knowledge and expertise on digital topics e.g. digital marketing, social media and cybersecurity.
Commencing in February 2017, the programme lasts for over 2 years, ending in March 2019.
Over this period of time we have a target of assisting at least 1000 eligible small to medium sized businesses.
The key aims of the programme include:
- To help local businesses improve performance by investing in the appropriate digital technologies that help them scale up.
- To help firms improve their awareness about the range of digital solutions available to help them grow, so that they become smarter consumers of digital technologies.
- Helping local businesses acquire knowledge about digital technologies that are appropriate to their needs, including faster digital connectivity, enhanced digital marketing, CRM for small firms and the benefits of networking and cloud based solutions for business resilience, security and flexibility.
Who can we help?
We will target growth focused businesses with our Voucher scheme, who are SMEs (Small to Medium sized firms) with the following characteristics:
- Businesses based in the Leeds city region – see map opposite
- Employing fewer than 250 employees
- With turnover below €50 million p/a (approximately £43 million)
- With a balance sheet total below €43 million (approximately £37 million), and
- Firms which have received less than €200k (£185,00) of State Aid in the last 3 years
How is Digital Enterprise funded?
Digital Enterprise is a partnership programme which is partly funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund), the West Yorkshire Combined Authority/Leeds city region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the 9 local authorities which form part of the Leeds city region – shown in the map above.
It is an £8.5 million programme, with 62% public funding and the remainder from SMEs.
The Digital Growth Voucher Scheme goes live in February 2017, with SMEs being able to submit an Application online via our Eligibility Checker page.
The Workshops, Masterclasses and mentoring programme will come along a little later – we hope to launch that in around April/May 2017.