How we can help eligible businesses…
Digital Enterprise is here to help small to medium sized businesses, based in the Leeds City Region, to scale up and grow.
Our programme is partly funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund 2014-20), the Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and by the 9 local authorities that make up the Leeds city region – see below on how we are funded and who we can help.
There are currently 3 strands to the Digital Enterprise programme, including;-
- A Digital Growth Voucher – a grant worth between £2-10,000 to help eligible businesses invest in digital technology to achieve business growth and digital transformation – see here for more details.
- A Connectivity Voucher – to help eligible businesses to upgrade their digital connection – worth between £500 to £1,000 – see here for more info.
- Free to attend workshops, masterclasses, digital conferences and mentoring support via our new Digital Knowledge Exchange service – see here for more info.
Please note, that eligible businesses can only apply for one of the interventions listed above. This limitation is down to the way we are funded, hence businesses wishing to take part in the programme need to carefully decide which strand to apply for.
The key aims of the programme include:
- To help local businesses improve performance by investing in the appropriate digital technologies that help them scale up.
- To help firms improve their awareness about the range of digital solutions available to help them grow, so that they become smarter consumers of digital technologies.
- Helping local businesses acquire knowledge about digital technologies that are appropriate to their needs, including faster digital connectivity, enhanced digital marketing, CRM for small firms and the benefits of networking and cloud based solutions for business resilience, security and flexibility.
Who can we help?
We will target growth focused businesses with our Voucher scheme, who are SMEs (Small to Medium sized firms) with the following characteristics:
- Businesses based in the Leeds city region – see map opposite
- Employing fewer than 250 employees
- With turnover below €50 million p/a (approximately £43 million)
- With a balance sheet total below €43 million (approximately £37 million), and
- Firms which have received less than €200k (£185,00) of State Aid in the last 3 years
How is Digital Enterprise funded?
Digital Enterprise is a partnership programme which is partly funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund), the West Yorkshire Combined Authority/Leeds city region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the 9 local authorities which form part of the Leeds city region – shown in the map above.
It is an £8.5 million programme, with 62% public funding and the remainder from SMEs.
Phase 1 of the Digital Growth Voucher scheme went live in February 2017, but due to the huge demand it generated (almost 500 Voucher applications in 2 months) it was concluded early, in March 2017.
Phase 2 of the Digital Growth Voucher scheme, the Connectivity Voucher and The Digital Knowledge Exchange was launched in September, 2017 and over 250 businesses who were seeking support applied for a Digital Growth Voucher.
Phase 3 of the Digital Growth Voucher scheme which ran from 23rd April to 15th June 2018 saw the maximum value of vouchers increasing from £5,000 to £10,000 for up to 130 projects.
Phase 4 of the Digital Growth Voucher scheme launched on 1st October and closed on 26th October 2018 and saw applications from over 340 businesses.