Date: 30th July 2018
High speed broadband has revolutionised the way businesses operate. It is allowing them to work more efficiently, boost productivity and access digital and cloud services which can make a real difference and help drive them to even greater success.
Whilst most businesses see the advantages of improving their digital connectivity, sometimes the cost of doing so can prevent them from taking this step. With this in mind, Digital Enterprise launched its Connectivity Voucher, a £1,000 one-off payment which could be used to fund the entire costs of a upgrading a business broadband connection.
The Connectivity Voucher funding has helped businesses who have slow broadband speeds to upgrade to a new higher speed and more reliable connection (over 30 mbps). Whilst businesses, whose connection was already over 30 mbps have been able to double their broadband speed.
Whilst the voucher has been a huge success, businesses who wish to spend less than £1,000 on upgrading their digital connection have so far been unable to take advantage of the funding.
Digital Enterprise is keen to help as many businesses as possible to improve their digital connection, and with this in mind we have revised the levels of funding available and now offer between £500-£1,000 to help businesses upgrade their digital/broadband connection.
The Voucher can be used to help eligible SMEs (Small to Medium Sized Enterprises) in the Leeds City Region to pay for the initial cost of upgrading their digital /broadband connectivity including:
- The actual cost of the installation i.e. the cost of the physical connection, including excess construction costs to reach a network
- Hardware related to facilitating the connection e.g. a firewall, router, receiver/antennae (for wireless connections)
- Virtual servers and software licences (subject to limitation of upfront costs only)
- Internal ethernet network cabling
- Consultancy/project management cost to install a connection – capped at 25% of the value of a voucher
So, if you are interested in applying for our Connectivity Voucher scheme so that you can take advantage of all the benefits high-speed broadband offers then please complete our eligibility check by clicking here. Should you be deemed eligible you will be able to access the application form.