Click on the button below to apply for a Digital Resilience Voucher.GUIDANCE NOTESDigital Resilience Voucher
Closed to further applications
Click on the button below to apply for a Digital Resilience Voucher.GUIDANCE NOTES
New grant funding for small businesses in the Leeds City Region
The recent COVID-19 outbreak has had a significant impact on SMEs and as a consequence of the pandemic, many businesses are now having to operate very differently. The ability to work remotely from home has become a necessity for many organisations, whilst others are looking at how they can adapt to ensure not just their survival, but also their future prosperity once the current crisis is over.
When we eventually return to a sense of ‘normality’, many of the methods and new ways of working that have been introduced by businesses, such as homeworking and video conferencing via Zoom, will undoubtedly become the new ‘norm’ for some organisations.
Our new Digital Resilience Voucher, worth between £500 and £5,000, has been created to help small businesses with under 50 employees to become more resilient in times of crisis, to help them adapt and be more flexible and ensure they can continue to operate effectively and provide a high level of service to their customers.
The funding can be used for a new project or retrospectively to fund a technology purchase you have already made – as long as this took place after Monday 23rd March 2020 – when the current lockdown began. Digital Resilience Vouchers will be worth up to a maximum of 50% of the value of an investment project.
What can the funding be used for
Digital Resilience Voucher funding provided by
The voucher can be used to help businesses introduce a variety of digital solutions.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware – PCs/laptops, or monitors for owners or staff working from home.
- Business broadband upgrades.
- Server upgrades to accommodate more flexible working.
- Subsidised cloud subscription services to help businesses to migrate their digital systems to the cloud for improved resilience.
- Cybersecurity audit – consultancy support to ensure business owners and employees are using secure channels to communicate and reinforcing secure information management.
- Anti-virus software subscriptions for staff and business owners to protect against cyber attacks.
- Wider software (Microsoft Office) etc
- VoiP (Voice over Internet Protocol) or digital telephony, allowing staff to access telecoms from home
Check if you are eligible
Your business may be eligible to apply for a voucher if:
- You are based in Leeds City Region.
- Have been trading prior to 1st January 2020.
- All business types including sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, charities and community interest companies.
- Have fewer than 50 employees (full time equivalents).
- Have an annual turnover of below €50 million or balance sheet not exceeding 43 million euros ((based on the last published accounts)
- Have not received State Aid (funding from any national or local public sector scheme) in excess of €200,000 over the previous three financial years (De Minimis aid).
- Businesses who have accessed other forms of Digital Enterprise support can apply.
Businesses operating in both a business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) environment are eligible to apply.
How much can you apply for
Our Digital Resilience Voucher is worth between £500 and £5,000. You can apply for a grant to cover up to 50% of an investment. The rest must be matched by you (the beneficiary business).