Many firms that wish to grow and develop are inhibited by the quality of their digital connection, including poor broadband speeds and high costs for upgrading to a faster/more reliable service.
The Connectivity Voucher is designed to help businesses cover some of the costs of upgrading to a faster connection. Vouchers can also be used to cover other costs associated including:
- The actual cost of the installation i.e. the cost of the physical connection, including excess construction costs to reach a network
- Hardware related to facilitating the connection e.g. a firewall, router, receiver/antennae (for wireless connections)
- Virtual servers and software licences (subject to limitation of upfront costs only)
- Internal ethernet network cabling
- Consultancy/project management cost to install a connection – capped at 25% of the value (£250) of a voucher
Connectivity Vouchers are intended to help businesses upgrade to higher speed business grade broadband, above 30 mbps. If your current download speed is above 30 mbps, then a new higher speed connection should double the broadband speed. For examples of how people have benefited from Connectivity and Growth vouchers take a look at some case studies.
To apply, check your eligibility and if eligible you will be taken to the application form. Check you eligibility here.
If you are interested in applying for a Connectivity Voucher, please follow our the steps below:
1. Check your eligibility by clicking on the CHECK ELIGIBILITY button above.
2. If eligible complete the online form (allow 20mins)
3. Obtain quotations for upgrading your broadband and associated costs (2 quotes required)
4. Send these quotations to vouchers.DE@leeds.gov.uk using the same mail address as on your application form.
5. On successful application we will send you a Funding Agreement
6. On receiving returned Funding Agreement you can commission your suppliers.
7. Once the work has been completed and proof of this is supplied via a claim form we will arrange for the £1,000 to be paid to you.
Up to 250 Connectivity Vouchers will be available to eligible SMEs up till the end of the current programme (May 2019) and will be available on a first come first served basis.